Guestbook

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Kamen Rider Blade (2004-2005)

Kamen Rider Blade
Starring:
Takayuki Tsubaki -Blade
Hironari Amano -Garren
Ryōji Morimoto -Chalice
Takahiro Hōjō -Leangle

Ten thousand years ago, a massive battle known as the Battle Royal was fought by fifty-two Undead, each representing a species fighting for dominance over all others. The winner was the Human Undead, known as Category Two of Hearts, giving dominion of the Earth to humanity. In the present day, archaeologists discover the sealed Undead, and accidentally set them free. Thus, a new Battle Royal begins.

Having developed the Rider System, based on the Joker's ability to copy sealed Undead, the organization BOARD equips two young men, who become Kamen Riders: Kazuma Kenzaki and Sakuya Tachibana fight together as Blade and Garren to protect humans from Undead and seal them. Also fighting Undead is the mysterious Chalice, a Kamen Rider whose purpose is unknown. In addition, a young man struggles to free himself from the control of the sealed Undead powering his own Undead-made Rider System, fighting as Kamen Rider Leangle.

Please forgive me! OMG! I loved this series. I think I mentioned when I watched the KR:The Next movie that the KR series must really suck. I was soooo wrong. It was just that movie. I'm a complete and total KR fanatic now!!

I see why the US had to have their own in the Power Rangers (doesn't compare though). The first few episodes, I couldn't understand why I was watching it. But I couldn't seem to stop watching. The whole story became fascinating. I watched the whole series in a day in a half. I couldn't move.

The whole story revolving around decks of cards (kind of like Power Rangers meets Yu-gi-oh). I can't really explain it but the gist of friendship, hatred, power, and the human heart were welded together in a totally endearing show. I really loved it. I even freakin' cried at the end. It wasn't really sad, but then it was.

I watched the moive "Missing Ace" which altered the end of the series and changed the whole future. I don't think they should have did that but worked on the search for Blade instead. The movie was okay but then they altered the course for Chalice which in itself made me cry yet again! Damn them!

Since this was my first KR series, it's so far the best.........

Tsubaki Takayuki
Tsubaki TakayukiTsubaki TakayukiPhotobucket

No comments: