Guestbook

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Suicide Song (Densen-uta / 伝染歌-2007)

The Suicide Song
Starring:
Ryuhei Matsuda-Riku
Yusuke Iseya -
Hiroshi Abe
Yoshino Kimura
Sayaka Akimoto
Tomomi Kasai
Haruna Kojima
Atsuko Maeda
Minami Minegishi
Kayo Noro
Erena Ono
Yuko Oshima
Minami Takahashi

Original story by Yasushi AKIMOTO, writer of the mega hit movie One Missed Call (Chakushin Ari) series. As the project was in development with an idea of an "infectious song (Densen-Uta)", one of the staff called out..."There was a real Densen-Uta!" He discovers on the internet of a song back in 1933, Hungary, which caused mysterious deaths of many people.

In "Densen-Uta", high school girls get mixed up in the Japanese version of this infectious song, and with the help of third rate gossip magazine reporter, tries to solve the mystery and horror behind the song. They come to know just how real, an urban legend can become. -- Shochikufilms

This movie. OMG! This movie was the most weirdest movie I have ever seen. I don't even know how to explain it.

It's listed as a horror but there is nothing horrific to it. Thriller? Nah. Weird? Hell yeah.

This movie contains my most favorite movie actor ever.....Ryu-san. So this movie would have to be a little weird. He loves to be in movies that leave you scratching your head. This one, well, had me wondering if I should kill myself. Literally.

I can't really say it had a point. Supposedly a song was making people commit suicide when in actuality it was a girl who had a wicked past whose ghost was haunting those around her. Anyway, the song had a meaning near the end but did they really have to have the girl sing it? This was not a musical by anyones imagination so having it in the film just made it stupid.

The end was good. Hehehe! Rhy-san and his weirdness. Hehehe! I liked it. THAT fit well in the movie, I thought.

It was kind of boring through most of the movie. So it's to each his own if they want to watch it. I held on because of my main man. It was interestingly weird throughout. I won't say this was a great movie. Just take this movie with a grain of salt........don't expect a mind altering revelation.

No comments: