Guestbook

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Dragon Zakura

Dragon ZakuraDragon Zakura

Starring:
Abe Hiroshi
Yamashita Tomohisa
Koike Teppei
Nakao Akiyoshi

I will start by saying that was an unexpected pleasure to watch. Totally different than what I had expected with an ending of mixed results. I shed some tears of happiness and sadness all at the same time. This was an emotional rollercoaster to say the least. You find yourself crossing your fingers hoping that all the students get into Toudai (Tokya University).

Yamashita Tomohisa, Yamapi as his most extreme fans call him, was "sugoi" (wonderful). I already fell for him in Nobuta wo Produce but this one drama with him in it totally struck a cord with me.

Why is it the Japanese are so capable of telling stories of teens, hope, future and love so compassionately? I've already decided that my kids will be watching these types of shows when they are able to understand.


Sakuragi Kenji is a destitute lawyer and one-time member of a motorcyle gang trying to guide failing high school students with an average score of 36 into Japan's most prestigious educational institution, Tokyo University (Toudai).

"If you want to change your life, get into Toudai!"

For no other reason than Sakuragi's personal ambition, he has advertised his intention to produce 5 successful Toudai applicants from the students of a nearly bankrupt failure of a school.

"If you want to change your life, get into Toudai!" He will get them from this lowest of all schools into Japan's number one!!

Our protagonist, Sakuragi Kenji, played by Abe Hiroshi in his first role as a high school teacher, is a must see in this summer's new show. This third rate lawyer soon becomes the homeroom teacher for the special advanced class aiming for Toudai University entrance. Hasegawa Kyouko costars as english teacher and Sakuragi's opponent, and Yamashita Tomohisa from NEWS and Nagasawa Masami also appear in the role of students. This awaited original work and fascinating world view is brought to you from the popular serialized comic in Shuukan Morning (Kodansha) and has even been updated!

In addition to revealing essential test taking techniques for everyone who wants to know how to get into Toudai, Dragon Zakura will also teach the essentials of living one's life.

This drama was totally uplifting and, I won't deny it, left me wanting to go study hard, hop on a plane to Tokyo and apply to Toudai! LOL! Okay, maybe drive to Austin and apply to Texas University. HEHE! "Hook'em Horns!"

More pics.............

Yamashita Tomahisa
Yamashitayamashita tomohisaYamashita Tomohisa
It's so hard to find pics of them as they are now. Ahh but he was so cute as a kid. *smiles*

Koike Teppei

teppei*teppei koiketeppei koike
He was in Gokusen 2 with my Kame and Waterboys 2 with Yamada Takayuki. I've noticed he was in the movie KIDS with Tamaki Hiroshi. I sooooo want to see that! I know for a fact will see lots more from him. Keep a look out for him!!

Abe Hiroshi
Abe kuAbe Hiroshi
I've seen Abe Hiroshi so many times, it's not funny. He has been many dramas especially those with my Kimura Takuya. I love KimuTaku. And he's going to be in the new drama Change with Takuya-kun too! Man! Two men my age and hot to boot!


No comments: