Guestbook

Friday, May 16, 2008

Regatta

Regatta
Starring:
Hayami Mokomichi as Ozawa Makoto
Aibu Saki as Odagiri Misao
Matsuda Shota as Yagi Seiya
Wakatsuki Chinatsu as Tajima Chikako


Makoto is a promising oarsman at a University regatta team. One day, he loses his best friend by a tragic accident which he believes and blames himself for the very cause. Although he once leaves the team out of tremendous sense of responsibility, he finally decides to return by the encouragement of Misao and his teammates, and moreover, for the love and passion of regatta. He is determined than ever to become a top class oarsman and struggles to fulfill his dream to participate in the Olympic games. Through the severe practices and competitions of regatta, Makoto learns the bitterness and difficulties of life. Rivalry with teammates, agonies of love and friendship… The first ever drama of the rising actor Hayami to perform as the leading role! --TV Asahi

I'm so glad that I followed up on this one. After watching Ganbatte Ikimasshoi, I remembered I had wanted to see this one because of Hayami Mokomichi. And to my most happiest, fascinating discovery of finding out that Matshuda Shota was in this as well. I so definitely fell in love with him in Liar Game. Sugoi! *shivers run down my spine*

Regatta started out at a clip and kept on sailing from there. I was not bored at all. I was fascinated with the ups-and-downs of Makoto. I wanted to jump through the screen and hug him and tell him "it will be okay." *sigh* I wasn't impressed with Yagi and his attitude but eventually warmed up to his cold nature/warm heart. I didn't know who to route for when it came to "woo-ing" Misao. I was a little disappointed with the ending because I wanted to see Makoto and Yagi's name as the top names to head to the Beijing Olympics...not Taki's name. Eeergh.

If you are a Shota-kun and Moko-kun fan, you will NOT be disappointed.


Hayami Mokomichi
Hayami MokomichiHayami MokomichiHayami MokomichiHayami MokomichiHayami MokomichiHayami Mokomichi
They say he's part Cambodian or some Southeast Asian country. Not sure if that is true but that would totally explain his coloring. He's very dark for a Japanese man. Ah but it makes him cuter. He is so very tall. Geez! Every show the poor guy has to duck into a room through the door or he'll smack his head. That what makes it hard to find "sexy" pics of him because he is so tall and lanky. His muscle mass is stretched thin. He is in no way ugly...hell no! In actuality, the naivete and pureness of his face sets him apart that sometimes I feel you can reach his soul. Very special indeed.

Matsuda Shota
Matsuda ShotaMatsuda ShotaMatsuda ShotaMatsuda ShotaMatsuda ShotaPhotobucket
Now this is a FIIIIIINE Japanese man. He seems to always have a severe look to him so that is why he always makes a wonderful villain or antagonist. And that is a real good thing because we all love to love the "bad boy". And I so love this bad boy!!

Shota-kun looks Japanese. He doesn't seem "Americanized". I don't exactly know how to explain it. I guess after watching so many dramas, many of the actors have been prettied up so much that you can't tell what nationality they are from unless you see their kid photos. That is why I love Kame, Kimura Takuya, and Matsuda Shota. Their ethnicity shines through. No actor or actress should change their looks to accomodate the fray. I love the shape of their eyes, the severity of their eyebrows, the shape of their noses, and the way they walk. God, I love the way they walk. That is a big turn on to me.

No comments: