Guestbook

Monday, June 2, 2008

Itsuka no Kimi e - Zutto Soba Ni Itehoshi, 2007)

Itsuke no Kime e
Starring:
Saito Takumi~Fukami Noboru/Ryo
Kawai Ryûnosuke~Kouhei Hayase

After Noboru saves Hayase from drowning by giving him mouth-to-mouth, Hayase grows confused about his feelings. It doesn't help that around the same time he meets Noboru's twin brother Ryu who has a very different, outgoing personality.

Older brother Noboru is a quiet and introverted photography student, while younger brother Ryu is energetic and outgoing. Noboru attracts the curiosity of classmate Kouhei (Kawai Ryunosuke), whose friendship with the brothers brings changes into their lives and relationships.

The trailer is here. It's in Japanese so I couldn't figure out where I could get the embed code if there was one.

This youtube.com video contains cute moments.


Where do I begin? This was the first yaoi ("boy-love") movie I've ever scene. Yes, I've never seen Brokeback Mountain. Got a problem with that?

The homosexuality is just a backdrop of the real story. The real story? It's about twin brothers. Nobura, the quiet, introvert. Ryo, the outgoing. Nobura most of his life has spent his life trying to live up to Ryo's standard. If you have ever seen the Taiwan drama, MARS, it has almost the exact same story line of the twin brothers. ALMOST!

Then we have Hayase who has somehow connected to Nobura. After a canoeing accident, Nobura saves his life (mouth-to-mouth resuscitation). There first "kiss?" From that point on, I became intrigued.

It was strange watching a man fall in love with a man. I'm not against a homosexual relationship, at all. It's vexing really. Being bombarded day in and day out with heterosexual relationships because the American government is "scared", we are given what we are given by the mass media. When "Ryo" kissed Hayase, my heartbeat stopped for a second and it *sighed*. This was a great storyline. And if you don't have much time...this movie was just a minute over an hour long.

Saito Takumi
takumi saitoTakumi SaitoTakumi SaitoTakumi SaitouSaito Takumi
Okay, big question. Is he gay? I just want to know. He is so cute on the eyes...so he must by right? Why I ask? Well, I know it's just acting but the last three of his movies were yaoi........

Somebody please answer that question. Inquiry minds want to know..................

2 comments:

Endroine said...

WHAHA I THOUGHT THE SAME THING! xD.
I liked him in boys love, after that i didnt like him for some reason i forgot but i watched Itsuka No Kimi E recently and omg <3 he as Ryu ooooooooooomg OOOOOMG and then with that kitten XD!

O.O I read your review-thingy but arent the names Noboru and Ryu O.O ? in the version i watched it was O.O...

After i watched this i felt this movie could have been a dorama. O.O And i want it to continue..
But i dont understand, is Noboru/Ryu now .. damn forgot the word.. like in does he have 2 different personalities ? with black-outs and stuff cuz that looks like thats the cause when they lie in that bed [omg xD]

Unknown said...

I'll have to watch this again. LOL! It's been over a year since I reviewed it. *yikes*

.....my memory is lagging....ugh!