Guestbook

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Kamen Rider The Next (仮面ライダー The Next-2007)

Kamen Rider THE NEXT
Starring:
Takeshi Hongo/Kamen Rider 1 - Masaya Kikawada (黄川田 将也, Kikawada Masaya)
Hayato Ichimonji/Kamen Rider 2 - Hassei Takano (高野 八誠, Takano Hassei)
Shiro Kazami/Kamen Rider V3 - Kazuki Kato (加藤 和樹, Katō Kazuki)
Kotomi Kikuma - Miku Ishida (石田 未来, Ishida Miku)
Chiharu Kazami - Erika Mori (森 絵梨佳, Mori Erika)

Actors Masaya Kikawada and Hassei Takano are returning from MASKED RIDER THE FIRST as Takeshi Hongo (Masked Rider 1) and Hayato Ichimonji (Masked Rider 2) respectively, while Kazuki Katou steps into the role of Shiro Kazami (Masked Rider V3). 22-year-old Katou previously appeared in the MASKED RIDER KABUTO (Kamen Raidaa Kabuto, 2006) TV series as Daisuke Kazama, the alter-ego of Masked Rider Drake, as well as the series’ accompanying theatrical film MASKED RIDER KABUTO: GOD SPEED LOVE (Kamen Raidaa Kabuto Goddo Supiido Rabu, 2006).

2 years after the events of MASKED RIDER THE FIRST, rumours are spreading of vicious murders, which are always accompanied by the song of a young pop idol named Chiharu. After Chiharu disappears, her older brother Shiro Kazami goes in search for her, and inevitably finds himself in the hands of the organization “Shocker”. It is here, where a new generation of Riders are being created, that Shiro Kazami is transformed into Masked Rider V3.



I really wanted to watch atleast one Kamen Rider episode or movie. I wish I hadn't. Or maybe this was just a bad movie and I shouldn't judge just this one over the rest of the series. All I know is that it might have appeased my children but it was just a long, Japanese version of Power Rangers. Ugh! I've done my share of Power Rangers in my lifetime (I have 2 boys who have watched a number of series). And after doing research have learned that the American version of Kamen Rider IS the Power Rangers. (Damn, I admit we own a few episodes. Argh!)

If the rest of the series' are over-dramatized, over-produced, over-acted stunts, movemements, and dialogue. I don't want to watch it. To each his own. I know I might get hate mail for this one since the series' are popular in the Asian market. I was expecting more out of this because OF the popularity. Ehh! And so many popular Japanese actors have at one time or another been in one of the million episodes out there.


Kikawada Masaya
Motoki2Kikawada Masaya

Hassei Takano
Hassei Takano

Kazuki Kato
Kazuki KatoKazuki KatoKato Kazuki

No comments: