Guestbook

Monday, June 16, 2008

My Boyfriend is Type B (B-hyeong namja chingu, B형 남자친구-2004)

my boyfriend is type B (2004)
Starring:
Ji-hye Han - Ha-mi
Dong-geon Lee - Young-bin
Supporting:
Il-seob Baek - Young-bin's Dad
Ryeo-won Jeong
Ki-hwa Kang
Jae-in Kim
Hyeon-woo Lee
Yi Shin - Chae-yeong
Kkot-bi Kim
Yeong-im Kim
Yu-jeong Lee
my boyfriend is type B
Lee Dong-Geon portrays title character Young-Bin, a handsome, macho, but totally obnoxious young man who begins the film by breaking off a relationship in a most ungentlemanly way: after waiting in a parked car so Young-Bin won't get a ticket, the girlfriend reads him the riot act upon his return, prompting Young-Bin to slip into the driver's seat, break up with her, and speed off, leaving his new ex-girlfriend stranded in the parking lot. From the get-go, Young-Bin is not exactly a class act.

On the opposite side of the spectrum is the beautiful Han-Mi (Han Ji-Hye), a meek university student looking for true love, but never seeming to find it. As is typical in this kind of film, the two meet purely by chance: Han-Mi accidentally text messages Young-Bin before literally bumping into him. Han-Mi, feeling that their fortuitous meeting is a sign that they might be destined for one another, decides to pal around with Young-Bin and see if there's any chemistry between them. Taken by Han-Mi's sincerity and her willingness to pick up the check, Young-Bin jumps at the opportunity.

But Han Mi's cousin, Chae Young (Shin Hee) isn't quite so enraptured with Young-Bin and tries to dissuade Han-Mi from pursuing him. The thing is, Chae Young is a professional dating consultant and a strong subscriber to blood type theory. According to her, any relationship between the mismatched duo would be doomed to failure because Young-Bin is a type-B male, which supposedly makes him arrogant, hardheaded, and generally a jerk, whereas Han-Mi is a type-A female, one who supposedly can't help being timid and obedient. But while Chae-Young predicts impending doom, the happy couple try to give love a shot, ignoring their supposed blood type incompatibility. But will they succeed? -- LoveHK Film



This movie was cute. I'll confess it took me at least, AT LEAST, 3 tries before I made it through. Not that it was slow, bad, or boring....just I'm not really a Lee Dong Gun fan whatsoever. I don't know why.........

.....anyway. I'm glad I got through it because it was quite a cute movie. Type B...LOL! I'm an O. So what does that make me? I guess I'd better look it up, huh. Makes you wonder about the blood type thing. My husband is A. All my kids are O. But they are all different personalities. My daughter is 2 and should be classed a type B. She is horrible. LOL!

If you are need of an uplifting movie. This might do it. A good ending.

Lee Dong Gun
Lee Dong GunLee Dong GunLee Dong GunLee Dong Gun

No comments: