Guestbook

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mutt Boy (똥개, Ddong gae-2003)

Mutt Boy
Starring:
Woo-sung Jung - Cha Cheol-min
Kap-su Kim - Cheol-min's father
Ji-won Uhm - Jeong-ae
Ji-Yeong Hong
Sang-ho Kim
Kap-su Kim

This film is a story about a young man who has a good heart and is a good fighter, even though he does not have much social competence. It has a warm and emotional perspective. Like his nickname ‘mutt boy’, he can not escape from the low life status but his constant boldness in both speech and deliver a kind of emotional sense of affluence that has long been lost to those living in the big city. Although the film does not have much aesthetic or commercial ambition, it has a warm and emotional aspect to it making the hero acceptable in this profound fairy tale for the adults.


This was a surprising movie. The pace was great. I never got bored once. It wasn't what I expected. I guess the synopsis sort of bored me a bit but I gave it a try. It was one of those movies that was a surprise.

This movie had all emotional elements deep within it. I have to say there was one point when Ddong-gae confronted his dad while he was in jail for a fight when he asked if his dad really meant if he wished he was never born. I tell ya, I sat with baited breath for that answer.

The only thing I couldn't figure out was the girl in the movie. Was she a love interest? A sister figure? A prostitute? There were questions that were never answered with her character which sort of pissed me off. But if you ignore her character, otherwise the movie was great!!!

Jeong Woo Seong
photo1835
Jeong Woo SeungJeong Woo SeungJeong Woo Seung

No comments: